Thursday, August 16, 2007

4th Edition

Wether you think it's too soon or not (I do!), get ready for the 4th Edition of D&D. Apparently, in addition to WotC's site having a big "4DVENTURE" default page instead of their normal site at the moment, this new forum was leaked too early over there: http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=3702448&postcount=217

Early word has it that 4e will not be open to all via OGL unless some kind of licensing fee is paid by prospective 3rd party publishers. This means that freelancing can be kept alive (assuming I even buy the 4e stuff) but what this means for Tricky Owlbear is anyone's guess. :(

2 comments:

Mike said...

Pretty much matches what I thought would happen. Damn. I was hoping I was wrong ....

I'll let you know next week what I find out at GenCon.

Anonymous said...

From what I've read, it sounds like 4E will be OGL but it makes me wonder if there will be a fee to use the D20 license and accompanying fabulous logo.

It also sounds like the actual changes are going to be pretty mild compared to 2E > 3E. It sounds almost like it could be 3.75 Ed., but that would sound really lame and nobody would buy it.

I've also read that a lot of design used in Star Wars: Saga and Book of 9 Swords will be in 4E.

This could all be complete BS since there are so many conflictig reports, but at least some of it seems to be coming from people who were in the press meeting. No word from Morrus yet.

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...