Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Good News

My grandmother, although still in the ICU, has been successfully removed from the ventilator and she is all but tube-free, talking and more or less coherent. She's a remarkable lady and I hope they can get her out of the ICU soon. It's amazing that it's only been a week since she went in for her mini-stroke symptoms.

On the job search front, I called a company today who needs someone immediately. It has to do, apparently, with gourmet food/delivery and sales. Although I'm not enamored with the "sales" aspect of it, I agreed to go on a no-obligation run with the boss on Thurs. morning. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bret.
glad that your grandma is making some improvements..and off the ventilator..

hopefully she continues to fly and makes it back home again.

bummer you had to get an intro into my world this way.
Ryan

Bret said...

Bummer, indeed. In truth, she would be gone now if the mini-stroke symptoms hadn't sent her into the hospital in the first place. It was only after a cat scan did they realize there was fresh blood in her abdomen!

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...