Wednesday, April 21, 2010

And...We're Back!

Been awhile since I blogged so I figured I'd better let my two readers know what's going on. My courier job is officially over as of this past Saturday. I received word from a fellow courier that the new company who was awarded the Sovereign Bank contract would be taking over starting Monday (4/19) and my company confirmed that after a day. I'll miss the money but not the daily hassle. My road rage should also diminish. :)

Fortunately, as I mentioned previously, I'm back at my first home--the drug store. I'm pleased to have had a job to jump to following the driving one (that company would have found something else for me but it wouldn't have been as good or, likely, lasted for very long since I think they're on their last legs). My time away from the store has given me more perspective on life and I don't feel like I'm in a box there anymore. Will I be at this job for the long haul? Who can say? The pharmacist, Loralee, is planning to implement some changes which sound very employee-fruitful so that's good. We're also looking forward to a young new pharmacist to take David's place when he retires (sooner or later). Change really is good and I'm glad to have discovered during my employment walkabout. However, there's something to be said for the status quo too and how there's room for both in life.

In writing news, I've completed BtS: Permanency and handed that over to Scot for editing. He's also working on a new website for Tricky Owlbear. The company is still preparing for the big Pathfinder release for this summer--Forgotten Foes. Looks like this bad boy will clock in at over 70k words of monstery goodness. It will contain many classics you already know and love as well as a few new surprises. This product will put the old Owlbear on the map.

4 comments:

Dithering Fool said...

hey! we're both appreciative though

Bret said...

Hi, DF, and thank! :)

Mike said...

Looking forward to this one!

Bret said...

Hi Mike, and thanks!

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...