Friday, February 29, 2008

RIP Veronica

My golden-haired cocker spaniel of some 16-odd years was put down today. In her waning years, age had robbed most of her vision and hearing as well as endowing her with a generous amount of arthritis. Still, when my dad took her to the vet I had no idea they were possibly thinking to make it her last trip. When I returned home from having supper and Veronica wasn't seen lying in the next room, I knew the time had come. I was upset more that I didn't have the chance to say goodbye. Was it probably for the best, given the vet said he gave her 6 months to a year at this visit? I guess, but it's still very tough to loose a family member--even a furry one.

6 comments:

Greg said...

Oh Bret, I'm so sorry to hear that. We'll all miss Veronica. In the good ole days she was practically a member of the group.

Bret said...

Thanks, Greg. She was at that.

Mike said...

I'm so sorry to hear about her loss. That's heartbreaking.

Bret said...

Thank you, Mike. She was always a happy part of my day. It's strange not having her underfoot now.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about Veronica, As a caretaker of MANY animals, I feel your woe. Maybe I'll listen to Elvis Costello as a tribute.

Bret said...

Thanks, T-money. How's everything up north?

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...