Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Autumnal Equinox 2008

It's that magical time of year when the leaves change, night begins to outpace the day, and harvest festivals of all types swing into gear. It's my absolute favorite time of year and there's plenty of activities to keep my interest. Hiking can increase in frequency as spider and their &#^$& webs are out cold so it's a great time to take advantage of "bush-whacking" wherein you can go off-trail to explore.

Also up for this month is Celticfest held in Bethlehem, PA this coming weekend. Not sure which day I'll get out there but one of them for sure. I usually buy my sister's birthday/Xmas present there as she's also into the Celtic seen. Unfortunately, for non-drinkers like myself you have to be cautious when to attend for nights are when many come out to eat, DRINK, and be merry. Still, even fighting through stinky crowds is worth it for the festival's vendors.

New to this fall season is me getting an MRI on my ankle tomorrow morning. Seems I likely aggravated an old injury sometime either late last year or early this year (can't point to a specific incident) and now it hurts me at various times during the day--most frequently when I'm barefoot (showers are flat and hard!). Thank goodness my health insurance is intact until month's end. Speaking of that, I've only just begun job-searching with any regularity. Not too concerned. The universe will provide.

Back on topic--enjoy your cool autumn season, whatever you do!

No comments:

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...