Monday, March 10, 2008

New Dog!

Although still in mourning for Veronica, a situation arose that we could not turn a blind eye to. A pure-bred cocker spaniel, of slightly darker coloring than Veronica, was being given away by a woman Linda and Kristi know. After discussing it with them, my family agreed the 8-week old female sounded very promising. Kristi brought the pup (named Princess by the other family) to her place so my mom and I could go have a look. Well, we were certain she'd be coming home with us before we even got there. Sure enough, this puppy is too cute and has a spunky personality to boot! Since the other family wanted nothing for the pup except that she get a nice home, we took her home as our own. En route, I suggested the name Jasmine since none of us were happy with Princess (although it went with the Princess theme and this is my favorite Disney animated princess--er, as much as a grown man can have one of those :-)).

We're keeping Jasmine in the laundry room for now to sleep and, now on night #2, she appears to be taking it in stride. We're all happy to have her as a member of the family and hope she gives us as many or more happy years as Veronica.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Thats so great. I'm sure things won't be the same without veronica, but I'm glad you guys found Jasmine

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...