Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Vantage Point

Caught this movie last night with Scot and Zlaty. It was pretty good. The story comes at you from several different--you guessed--vantages and that works well enough as a story-telling device (although I sure wouldn't want it with every movie). Dennis Quaid and the gang show up with decent performances all but nothing that wowed me. I caught most of the plot twists before they happened so, while my movie watching has been at an all-time low of late, I'm not too rusty yet. There's a good car chase and the President tries to kick some terrorist ass as well*. Overall, I'd give it an 8 out of 10. Has this been out for awhile? There were only 3 other people in the theater aside from our trio.

*For the best in terrorist ass-kicking from a U.S. President, make sure to watch Air Force One with Harrison Ford and Gary Oldman; definitely a nail-biter worth your time.

2 comments:

Zlaty said...

I liked the movie, too Bret ;)
"Air Force One" is one of my favorite movies, too!
I guess we have a Good Taste :))))

Zlaty

Bret said...

I guess we do at that. :)

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...