Sunday, May 02, 2010

d6 Anyone?

When visiting one of my quaint "local" game stores (local meaning Palmyra, PA) the other week, I picked up one of the old d6 Star Wars adventure compilation books. I have nothing but good memories of both the d6 system and gaming in the Star Wars universe (mostly thanks to our stellar GM, Ryan!) and miss it a great deal. I'm heading to another game store today (Showcase Comics at the Granite Run mall) in the hopes of tracking down some other d6 SW books sitting forgotten on a dusty shelf. There's nothing like finding an old friend that just needs a little polish to make him useful again. Heather allowed me to borrow her collection of books but I'll need my own when I start GMing it again anyway (and shopping is, of course, half the fun!). Wish me luck on the hunt!

2 comments:

Mike said...

d6 is a great system. Much as I like d20 Star Wars, I always liked it better in d6.

I just wish West End Games hadn't screwed up the d6 Open License so much. That could've been something really cool.

Bret said...

Agreed on opend6. I bought the new corebooks in preparation for Tricky Owlbear to pursue that route but, alas.

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...