Sunday, September 16, 2007

Here Comes Autumn...

...and thank God! Yesterday was the first since summer began that I was seen wearing long pants. Today is no different. A crisp wave of cool air has moved into our section of the country and boy does it feel refreshing. When my parents return from an errand later today I will most certainly be getting out onto the mountain. It's been a day shy of 2 weeks that I've been hiking and that's way too long.

My grandmother is recovering nicely (if a bit slowly--but for 84 years old it's good progress), to the point of walking around on her own (albeit only on the floor her bedroom is on). Hopefully she'll get out of her sleepwear today and then she might start to feel normal again. Physical therapy comes tomorrow and that can only increase her recovery speed.

On the job front, I still have nothing solid to report but have found a couple promising leads I'll follow up on tomorrow. With life settling down again on the homefront, I'm finally starting to enjoy my time off so if a job doesn't manifest for another 2 weeks (or more), that's OK with me.

And how about some rpg chatter on here? Well, I'm slowly working on BtS: Sanctuary (with Feather Fall soon to follow). Daniel at Highmoon Media mentioned on a forum that my locale "series" for him will be see its first release in October (I say "series" because I wasn't really certain that I was still writing more than one locale given the 8 or 9 months since I turned in that first one and that I now have a corporation to oversee, but we'll see what happens). And speaking of Daniel, those interested in listening to news of the pdf market should head on over to http://thedigitalfront.com/ where podcast interviews with industry folk are being posted. This is Daniel's new venture and I wish him much success with it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you make it to the mountain?

Bret said...

Sure did, though I didn't have much time (bit less than an hour). On Monday, I got out for a normal loop up to Whitey's Rd/Pulpit Rock/down main road. Temps have been very good here for hiking.

Anonymous said...

Good ol' Whitey's, I forgot about that one. Temps have been cool up my way. I had some nights in the 20s already with many days in the 60s and the leaves are about 50% changed already in many spots.

Daniel M. Perez said...

We have the Museum done, so we migth as well release it, I think. Two things might happen: it tanks, and we know not to do any more; or it sells, and we do more. My thinking is also that, if you wanted to at some point, you could transfer that series to Tricky Owlbear as your own, much like you've done with BtS, and I would have no problem with that.

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...