Sunday, July 13, 2008

Shadowbred

I just finished this first novel in a new trilogy from WotC by Paul Kemp and, let me tell you, it was damned good! Sembian political maneuvering, Shadovar machinations, a jail break inside a magic-dead zone--this book keeps you reading happily until the cliffhanger ending. I know this title has been available for awhile but I'm trying to read these gradually since there's such a break in between the novel's release dates. Hate to read book one only to forget what's going on by the time book two comes out the following year. You know what I'm talking about.

Still, there's something about title character Cale which just doesn't sit right with me. Maybe I've read to many Drizzit novels, but I'm weary of the bad dude trying to make good routine. Granted, Cale is more "dark" than everyone's favorite dark elf but...I can't really put my finger on it. The fact that Cale gives in to his dark side once in awhile is more realistic...eh, I've never been good at book reports. I say go read it (and the other Cale books) and judge for yourselves. Good stuff, all the same.

No comments:

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...