Sunday, July 27, 2008

Star Trek XI

Like most geeks, I'm keeping tabs on what's going on with the new Star Trek movie coming out in May 2009. Looks like someone from AICN got a brief preview of two scenes and chats about it here: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37648

But it is this line in particular that stood out to me: I can't emphasise how real they look. They all use models, no super shiny pure CGI like in Nemesis.

That just does my heart a world of good. The models are what made the ship scenes for me. They're much more real than the plethora of CGI thrown at movie-goers today (I'm looking at you, Lucas, and those insipid Indy IV prairie dogs). Star Trek XI just keeps sounding better and better.

No comments:

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...