Tuesday, June 09, 2009

8 Months Already?

Yesterday marked my 8-month anniversary in the courier job. I suspect some don't make it 8 days so I'm happy. It's been fun and, so far, lucrative. Not sure if I'm filing quarterly taxes yet or not (guess I should look into it soon as June 15 is the cut-off for the 2nd quarter). My car will exceed 100k miles by week's end--unbelievable! Good thing I like driving.

Bumped into Mike P, an old friend from our high school gaming days. Ryan, when you read this, he asked about you and Drew and says, "Hi!" He wondered if "that company" Scot and I started was still going. Yeah, Tricky Owlbear is still going. :) Slower than usual, what with the concentration on Kobold Quarterly articles, but still producing.

Back to reading the new corebook before Ed Healy contacts me again for an interview (to be used in a big promotional push come GenCon).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sincerely hope a costumed hike was at least suggested.

Bret said...

Heh, it was not.

Anonymous said...

On the taxes thing, check out the IRS site's EFTS. https://www.eftps.gov/eftps/home.do

I haven't set it up yet, but it's supposed to tell you when you need to start paying taxes and then send reminders, etc.

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...