Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Road Rage!

Honestly, if you're going to drive 35mph on a 45mph road, please limit your driving to the dead of night. Thank you.

In other auto news, I had a bit of a scare yesterday morning after pulling into the driveway and having the key fail to come out of the ignition. I quickly took it down to the good folks at Schlenker's (where the Fusion came from) and a mechanic dropped what he was doing to investigate. Turns out that the gear shift wasn't quite in Park so the key said, "Oh no, you can't pop me out until you're done driving." After some smacking and jiggling (why didn't I think of that?) of the button on the shifter, it popped out to where it was supposed to be and the key released. They ordered a new shifter and, naturally, I've had no problems since then. Still, I'll be glad to have it replaced (the part is only $30-ish) so I don't have to deal with it on the job. Leaving a key in the ignition and the doors unlocked (can't lock them with the key inserted) is a one-way ticket to my company no longer needing my services.

Last night I just about slogged through the classes in the preview corebook (okay, it's Pathfinder) and found that I like/dislike them. It's neat to see the cool new stuff for each class but also seems like more bookeeping for an already accounts-heavy game. I'd love to say more but, alas.

2 comments:

Mike said...

It's neat to see the cool new stuff for each class but also seems like more bookeeping for an already accounts-heavy game.

That was part of my problem with the Beta version of the game. Part of the stated design purpose was to streamline the game ... but after parts of it got streamlined, they promptly added different clunky options right back into the game.

Bookkeeping was always one of my big gripes with 3.5 (even though I like the game a lot). I was hoping Pathfinder would clean it up, but instead, it's still clunky, just in different ways.

Bret said...

Indeed. Fortunately, as long as your players are honest, I don't mind all the modifiers for the classes since I don't keep track of them.

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...