Sunday, March 04, 2007

PC Death!

It turns out we were playtesting Mike's contribution to Goodman's mid-level The Adventure Continues DCC collection (not yet announced) today. It was a fun romp into a mysterious forest in search of a rogue water supply. I won't say more about the adventure but I will say that my dwarven Ftr1/Sor3 died a wonderful death! When my brother's PC was out on a rope about to be cut by a bad guy, I bull rushed the foe. Unfortunately, my bull rush was so good and the floor so slippery that we plunged from the edge of the melee area and to a 120-foot demise. At least I took the bad guy with me. :) Other highlights included a morality issue with our Lawful Good fighter (declining a chance to surrender = death to the foe in my CG dwarf's book) and trying out a couple spell secrets and one new spell from Behind the Spells. At the end of the day, I think we all had a good time; especially since my 4-hour character creation won't go to waste with a raise dead on the horizon for next time.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I'm glad everything seemed to work out well for the players - it essentially went the way I thought it would, but the choices made by the group as the adventure went on made things much more interesting (and better) than I'd hoped.

And I'm not ordinarily one for killing off characters ... but when it comes in spectacular fashion as it did for your character, I'll make an exception. It *was* very cool and cinematic, and that's why raise dead spells are a truly awesome invention!

Here's hoping this turns into a pretty good (and ongoing) campaign!

Bret said...

Thanks for the great game, Mike, and I'm hoping to continue to explore Aereth further as well!

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...