Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Beware the Owlbear

As posted in my sister blog, Tricky Owlbear's command group (okay, just Scot and I) met with the accountant and the paperwork is on the way to form our corporation. For the next in the Behind the Spells line, I've decided to do one of the newer spells in D&D's lexicon: Vampiric Touch. Was the spell named for that most infamous of undead or did it acquire that name at some other time? What new ways can this spell be used and what magics has it inspired since its creation? All of these answers and more will be revealed...(It's good to jump back into this fun series!)

8 comments:

Rabid Gerbil said...

Let me know if you need anything.

Steve said...

Excellent news! I'm looking forward to renewing subscriptions/regular purchases. I've quite enjoyed the BtS series so far.

Bret said...

Warren: Thanks for the offer. I'm keeping you in mind once we actually have money to pay an editor. :)

Stephen: I'm glad you've been enjoying them. Weren't you going to review these at some point (or wait for the print version to come out?)? In any case, if you have any suggestions/critiques for the series, I'm more than happy to hear them. This would be a great time to redesign the series if need be.

Rabid Gerbil said...

Shoot dude. I know The Owlbear is just a baby, so you dont have to pay me anything. Just give me the credit for what I do and I'll be happy. We can talk about money way down the line. I just want to show my support and help you guys out where I can.

Just let me know what you need. Drop me a line.

Bret said...

Alright, you're on. You still have the same email?

Rabid Gerbil said...

zqYea, same one we used before. Drop me a line.

Steve said...

Yes, I still plan on reviewing the Ronin Arts-era batch (any news on that print edition, btw?), when I can wrest some free time away from my freelance work.

But enough excuses. No time like the present!

Bret said...

Regrettably, no news on the print edition. Phil is definitely busy but I don't even get an answer when I ask. Nothing irritates me more than not communicating with people. I mean, if it's going to take months, just tell me so I'm not in the dark. Last I heard, someone had been tapped for the cover art. At least I know that the writing is done. :)

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...