Monday, May 14, 2007

Lost Vault of...WTF?

Some time ago, Brad started running a lead-in adventure to Red Hand of Doom. The first adventure is DCC #2: Lost Vault of Thazhar Rho which we finally finished (after 3 or 4 sessions) on Saturday night. Lost Vault has it's share of neat encounters but suffers from a lack of plot coherence and a drawn out ending wherein PCs must fail their Will saves in order to fight the other-wordly demon. Brad runs a good game so I'll not fault him for this pre-written adventure. Let's just say that I hope the next adventure (one of the "Bleeding Edge" line from Green Ronin) before Red Hand is a bit less...chaotic. :) In any case, we had a great time as always and it looks like Sat nights might be better for everyone's schedules than Sunday afternoons. I'd prefer to mix the game times up a little but we'll see what happens.

Mother's Day turned out well. I got some good writing accomplished for Behind the Monsters: Owlbear and my dad cooked a good and large dinner of flounder, chicken, steak, shrimp, cooked potato slices, cucumber salad and finishing with a store bought cheese cake. Yum! I bought my mom an iron stand in which to place seasonal homemade slates for display in the garden. As it turns out, she was planning on buying the very same thing this week once the garden was weeded! The gift was, admittedly, at the store owner's suggestion where I bought it but I can still say that great minds think alike since I did agree to buy it. ;)

2 comments:

Mike said...

Brad runs an excellent game. I'm looking forward to seeing how we follow up the madness of "Lost Vault" with the Bleeding Edge adventure Brad has in store for us.

I actually got some good progress on my own "Behind the Monsters" manuscript ... of course, it's "BtM: Xorn", which has inexplicably leapfrogged ahead of "BtM: Bulette" in the creative queue. Thank to the templates you've given me, I hope to have drafts of both headed your way in the next week or so. :)

Bret said...

*squeals with delight*

Can't wait to see what you've whipped up, Mike. Thanks for the creative effort!

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...