Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Pizza With Everything

On our "late" nights at work (7pm), we're wont to find dinner of some kind before we close. Yesterday, the boss decided he'd like to split a personal pizza instead of having the turkey sandwiches I proposed (and had brought the fixing's for). Fine, I could do pizza, no problem. I picked up the food from the usual venue and headed back. Now, I should mention that it was quite windy yesterday. Why mention this? Because as I was passing by a parked car, the wind whipped the box out of my hand and it landed on the rear windshield/side of the car!! As it tumbled from my grasp, my right hand came around in a futile effort to stop the box and its contents from spilling. That only succeeded in smashing the poor pizza onto the car. The wind must have whipped open the box top as well (it all happened so fast) because after I quickly gathered the shattered remains of dinner from the vehicle, the smash site was marked by a giant grease stain. There was no sign of tomato sauce of cheese so I thought, "Good enough!" and hurried away from the scene.

I thought the boss would be upset but quite the opposite. After I made the aforementioned turkey sandwiches he was still giggling which then inspired a new round of laughter. We couldn't eat for the crying. He kept saying he could picture someone inside the dentist office across the street saying, "Why did that guy just throw a pizza on my car?!" Best laugh I've had in some time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good one. What kind of car was it? Did this happen on State St? Did any vehicles/passerbys witness this that you know? Good stuff.

Bret said...

It was some little dark colored sedan. The incident happened on 3rd and it's likely someone witnessed it but I have no proof. :) As of yesterday, the car had not been moved and even after a rain the grease stain was kinda visible.

Bret

Rabid Gerbil said...

"...grease stain was kinda visible..."

Damn....thats priceless...lol.

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...