Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Tricky Owlbear Turns Two!

I made a post regarding the company's status on ENWorld here.

Overall, it's been a fun experience so far. Mainly, I just wanted to see the Compendium in print but now we'll have a 3rd edition "revival" with Paizo's Pathfinder RPG releasing next month. We'll be ready with a freelance-written product Abbey of the Golden Sparrow. It's about 14 pages of content regarding monks in their mountain abbey. There's plenty of fluff and crunch to go around for both players and GMs to use so I'm hoping it will sell well to both those camps.

I'm also excited about jumping into Swords & Wizardry. I just think it's going to be so much easier a system to write for. The grognards don't like a whole slew of rules info to be included in their adventures so I'm only too happy to comply! The first adventure for that is tentatively entitled What Goes Up and I'm still just in the planning stages for it. Scot's away for a few days at the beach but he'll be finishing the layout for A Matter of Faith (our medieval adventure using 3.5 rules) as well as for Abbey.

Don't worry, I'm not abandoning the two "Behind the..." series quite yet. It's true that sales are dismal but I think we'll see renewed interest once the Paizo fans see we're an active company (much less one producing content for their game of choice). And there's no reason you can't use the spell and monster info from those pdfs with your Pathfinder game either.

Here's to many more years of fun!

No comments:

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...