Thursday, September 03, 2009

Early Fall?

We'd had some damn fine days this week which are making me pine for autumn to just arrive already! There's a cool breeze blowing through the window as I type...ah...

So, you might be wondering what I'm getting done with my free time now that I'm only working in the afternoons. Answer: Not much. Looks like the more time I have to myself the less I feel the need to cram it with writing (or other work). But that's the trap I must not fall victim to. Tricky Owlbear had what was probably it's best month in August thanks to our two most recent releases. I've got to keep on writing and releasing products to keep the momentum but the trouble is that, as the company president, I don't get in trouble for being unproductive. Kind of makes me wish I was still a green freelancer trying to make a name for myself.

In other news, Linda and I hit Atlantic City all day Tuesday and had a friggin' blast! Didn't come home broke but also didn't manage to get ahead. We were at the Borgata (who comped us $50 in slots play and food) for 4.5 hours before heading over to park at Caesar's. We played enough there and at Bally's to earn free parking but I printed the voucher at Bally's. Thus, I was concerned it would not work for the Caesar's garage. But the guy at the guard station took it without batting an eye so that working out fine. We had some comp $$ for Bally's but didn't get to use the food ones as the valid places were either closed or too busy. We ate at a Wawa on the way home which working out just fine. All told, we were in AC for 9 hours, most of which saw us slots playing. I'm sure we'll do it again next year.

No comments:

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...