Thursday, September 10, 2009

Old School Cool

As I ponder what neat challenges to put into What Goes Up, our first Swords & Wizardry adventure, I wanted to ask you blog readers what you remember from your formative years that was "cool" in an adventure. I realize that half of the cool things became so due to some brave/foolish action your character took but this question looks to the other half for my answer.

For example, I recall in DL14 when one of the PCs tried to excise a gem from a column and then a ghostly hand emerged from the stone to smash the aforementioned character's head into the column. It was just something that made me go, "Whoa!" and stuck with me for some reason after 20+ years.

No comments:

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...