Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy New Stuff!

If you've followed this blog at all through the years, you know my disdain for the new year's "holiday" so I'll let you read past posts on the subject because I'm not in the mood to rehash it here. :)

My Mac continues to function beyond expectation and I still haven't gotten around to messing with iMovie, Garage Band, or any of the other extras.

My commitment to write more is still holding. I penned a little pdf called 'Maxolt's Magical Menagerie' (issue #1) for old school gaming. This includes 12 new magic items designed for Swords & Wizardry (but usable with any compatible retro-clone of course). Each item has a complete description of its physical appearance and magical abilities, naturally, but also comes with a paragraph from "Behind the Spells" Maxolt which sneaks in some added detail or plot hook. I enjoyed writing this because it did not take hours to tinker with stat blocks and I finished the whole thing in something like 24 hours of off-and-on work. Look for it to be on sale soon for the generous price of $1.00!

I also received a mostly completed manuscript from Mike Ferguson for "Behind the Monsters: Vegypygmy." I added some of the missing details over the last day and it, too, should be ready shortly for layout and sale. Good stuff and I thank Mike for his work on this!

Tricky Owlbear's unannounced monster project for Pathfinder is proceeding apace with two freelancers working tirelessly now that the holiday break is behind us. I'm really looking forward to how this goes over once it's completed. I'll warn you now--there will likely be no artwork. I'm afraid we just cannot afford the expense for 100 monster illustrations.

My own work situation is still unclear. It's been confirmed that the contract for my bank work will no longer be with my company (as of either the end of Jan. or Feb.) but the new company that got the big has not yet made any overtures to the current drivers. There's also been a shakeup at the drug store which seems overly coincidental and I might find myself back there if the driving gig doesn't pan out. The Lord does work in mysterious ways...

No comments:

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...