Monday, September 05, 2005

Charity Work

There's some rpg charity stuff going on to benefit Katrina victims this month. I'm involved in two of them and thought I'd mention it here. The first is Adamant Entertainment donating all of its profits to the Red Cross for September. Gareth also asked freelancers if he could donate their royalties as well. I can't speak for anyone else but I agreed to give my profits from The Dread Codex and NPC: Volume I. Adamant's online RPGNow catalog is here: http://www.rpgnow.com/default.php?manufacturers_id=470

The other endeavor is from Dog Soul Publishing, a fairly new d20 company (as far as a I know). These people offered to layout and organize a pdf, the profits of which go to Katrina victims (although to what organizations I'm unsure). They have an open call for art and writing and I agreed to set the Illusionary PCs books aside to write something over the holiday weekend for it. I'm penning a swamp-based bandit team with a very curious style. This is turning out to be more fun than I'd planned and the piece, called "Captive Audience", includes a two new magic items, a new spell, and a new monster. For more on this pdf, see here: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=146260

Also new for the weekend, a pdf from Dark Quest Games was released which I worked on. Fell Beasts: Goblins was one of the first pdfs from the company I helped to "clean up" from their large backlog of products. When DQG agreed to publish Temporality, Neal Levin (the company's head honcho) asked if I'd like to work on some other books. My agreement then has since led to the finishing/fleshing out of 3 books with more on the way. You can pick up the goblins one here: http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=5384

No comments:

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...