Monday, September 12, 2005

Illusionary Woes

I wanted to be deep into writing this by now, but I'm only in the idea-scraping phase. The Guide to Illusionary Characters has much potential for PC expansion but I'm just not sure how to present the material. Originally I was going for a racial template but there's too many abilities that only higher level characters should have, to say nothing of the dangers of giving them all at once via a template. So that's out.

Then there's its own racial class. I was sold on this idea until today. It still doesn't *feel* right. I'd rather merge the typical classes with the idea of exploring this strange heritage of being an illusion. But is there a cohesive and balanced way to do this besides as a racial class? I don't know...yet.

No comments:

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...