Sunday, June 04, 2006

Angels & Demons

Some twists I saw coming, some I didn't. This is after just finishing Dan Brown's "prequel" to the DaVinci Code. The ending was certainly more satisfying, that's for sure. I'm pleased Hollywood is also preparing a movie based on this book as well. Mr. Brown can write a good yarn and I feel that I've learned a few things about pacing and working with characters.

In RPG news, another review found its way online today, this one for the first in the Behind the Spells series--Magic Missile: http://www.rpgnow.com/product_reviews_info.php?cPath=260_283&products_id=5862&reviews_id=13115 Chris (who penned the Temporality review linked below) gives thorough reviews and honest critiques. I'm providing the BtS series to him in order in the hopes he will review the entire run.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris = Crothian

Bret said...

Mark- Yup, knew that.

Brad- I here ya. I am probably the only person on the planet who hasn't seen Forrest Gump. As for the book, while I did picture Hanks as the main character, it was palatable because I didn't "hear" him while I was reading. ;) If you decide to get into either of these books, I suggest A&D over DaVinci. Just my 2 coppers.

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...