Monday, November 06, 2006

Work Phrases

If I can remember these little tidbits until I get home, they'll make nice little snippets for my blog readers. Today's phrase of the day was spoken by me to one of our old women customers. She wanted something for motion sickness so I displayed the packages of Dramamine and Bonine we carry. Since each are powered by 25mg of Meclizine, they are (at least as far as I'm concerned) identical. Both products even came in packages of 8 so the only difference was that the Bonine were chewable. When the woman said she wasn't sure which to pick, I said that it was her choice and offered this helpful interrrogative:

"Do you prefer to chew or swallow?"

Inside I was both cringing and giggling at the risque line. It's a good thing not everyone's mind is as firmly in the gutter as my own. As it turned out, she prefers to swallow. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's deeply disturbing. She probably didn't even have her own teeth anymore (well, they may have been hers by virtue of purchasing them).

At least you didn't have to explain to her how to use a suppository or look at some kind of oozing wound.

Bret said...

Could have been much worse, for sure. Encounters like this do tend to lighten the day though.

Mike said...

You're a better man than I.

I don't know how I could've asked a question like that without doing a (poor) impression of Austin Powers.

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...