Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Healthwatch

My dad has been experiencing chest pains since the end of October. However, he never let on to anyone how bad it was. He confided in me this weekend that even eating caused him pain. "Eating a lot?" I asked. Nope, eating anything! I said he had to get himself checked out ASAP. After a quick visit to our local doctor, he was sent immediately out to Lehigh Valley to a cardiologist who then pronounced that he had the textbook signs of artery blockage. Tomorrow he's going in for heart cathaderization (sp?) in what is, I assume, a routine procedure these days. With any luck, he'll be home by nightfall no worse for wear. Take note folks, just suck it up and go to the doctor if you're having health issues. I'm certain if left untreated this would have led to my father's untimely demise and there's no reason for it. With the information age upon us, it's too easy to surf the net and self-diagnose oneself over the course of many weeks trying this and that approach when a simple chat with a physician will do the job better and faster.

As for the unexpected flurry of writing activity, Mike from Skortched 'Urf responded with some additions for my Torch pdf. I'll be making those tonight and that should be that for my first contribution to their "Adventurer Essentials" line. For Highmoon's locale project, I sent a scaling details for my map to Daniel last night. This first effort details a museum dedicated to housing relics belonging to the most vile creatures in history. The curator doesn't wish to showcase these as evil but rather promote the good deeds accomplished in reaction to those who owned these nefarious artifacts. I think I'm calling it the "Museum of Infamous Heroism."

Lastly, 80sTees.com is having a 20% off sale if you use the code "January20" when checking out. The code is good through Feb 3.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your dad got checked out before something really serious happened.

Hopefully the cardiac catheterization clears everything up. From what I understand, it is a very common procedure.

The projects your working on sound interesting. I'm intrigued by the torch thing. I'm hoping they decide to do the iconic 10' pole at some point!

Rabid Gerbil said...

I have a lot of experience with the cardiac procedures. I seriously dont think there is one that my father hasnt had in the last 14 years.

Cardiac caths are routine. Basically they are the first step to find out how bad the issue is. Doctors usually take the procedure to the next step while they are in there to save time. Balloon angioplasty is usually next if the arteries arent too badly occluded. Some hospitals also use a little blade to cut the blockages or a laser to burn through them. These procedures are usually followed by stents to help hold the artery open.

Drop me aline if you want to chat anymore.

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...