Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Greetings

In recent years, our family has become anything but typical. Instead of the grand Easter ham-filled feasts of yore, this year sees us huddled happily around a bucket of KFC and side viddles. Don't get me wrong though, I'm happy with some yummy fried chicken for the holiday and I suppose we're not all that atypical of families in this day and age. Scot, Zlaty, Katy and I plan on going to see TMNT after dinner which should provide some enjoyment.

In writing news, AE: Waterskin has been accepted and should be released before too long. I'd also like to thank Mark at Skortched 'Urf for his candid email discussion pertaining to his business sales for a starter pdf company. I've said it before but Mark's company, with its friendly attitude and product audio commentaries, will go far IMHO.

I also managed to cobble together a brief outline for my Crown short story for Dark Quest. I'm tackling one of the city setting's new races--ethereans. I hope my fiction muscles haven't atrophied too much since I started freelancing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good to hear that you are getting aboard my little project.

I must admit, I am really excited about this Crown shortstory project, and in awe of the number of freelancers who have agreed to flex their fiction muscles. I know that it wont become anything revolutionizing, but its a great way of introducing a new setting and very much the path I was hoping Crown would take.

Mike said...

I keep meaning to submit something to Skortched Urf ... just haven't found anything that I'm particularly excited to write. Based on your experiences, though, I think I'll have to take another look and see if I can come up with an appealing pitch (for both myself and Mark!)

Any new updates on Behind the Monsters?

Bret said...

Axel: I agree that a short story collection is a great idea to impart the flavor of a new setting. I'm proud to be a part of it.

Mike: Skortched 'Urf isn't going anywhere so you've got time. Mark's a good guy. Tell him I sent ya! :) As for Behind the Monsters, I'm going to email ya.

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...