Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Recognition

I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but from time to time I'll Google myself or one of my projects just to see if there's any buzz about me or my scribblings. I don't check every gaming forum out there so Google is a handy tool for helping me keep my thumb on the net's gaming pulse. On tonight's search, I came up on the infamous therpgsite.com's forum (infamous for its no-nonsense founder). Much to my surprise, Behind the Spells, Temporality, and Dread Codex were mentioned (the last not by name but a link was provided). I consider myself a small fish in a very large pond so when I find any kind of recognition (much less favorable), it brings me no end of joy. Have a look (my name creeps into the latter pages)...
http://www.therpgsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2196

3 comments:

Mike said...

...from time to time I'll Google myself or one of my projects just to see if there's any buzz about me or my scribblings.

Don't be ashamed. Or at least know that you're not alone - I occasionally do the same thing. In fact, I haven't done it for awhile, simply because the complete lack of buzz on anything I'd written was/is depressing ... although probably good for keeping the ego humble. :)

Empty Room Studios said...

Hey guys,

I don't know if you are just doing a search or not, but I use Google Alerts to keep track of any web activity concerning my various projects.

You basically place in key words and it sends you an update and links to the reference. So, if I put a google alert on my name and somebody mentions me in a forum, I get a link to it.

It might be useful.
http://www.google.com/alerts

Bret said...

That's good stuff, Rick. Thanks, I was just using the search function.

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...