Friday, February 03, 2006

Sci-Fi Friday

With the loss of new Trek on tv, I only have the Stargates and Battlestar Galactica to look forward to for new sci-fi goodness. And, happily, I've been pleasantly surprised with them all. BG didn't have me really hooked until this season. As for SG-1 and Atlantis, both shows have a great "feel" about them. The sets are lush, the special f/x great, and the writers generally know what they're doing. I was really impressed when *SPOILER* the ship Prometheus was destroyed on this evening's SG-1 */SPOILER*. Nice to be given some surprises. It probably helps that I don't go snooping for news like I did with Star Trek: Enterprise.

In RPG news, I've decided to do Burning Hands for the next BtS issue. Well, OK, it was requested by Phil Reed. When the person that pays you suggests something, it's generally a good idea to follow up on it. ;) Also, I've been asked to assist in some projects from Inner Circle Games. I nearly backed out but the quality of work from them is too good to not have my name associated with. If you haven't checked it out yet, their full-color hardcover monster book Denizens of Avadnu is one great accessory!

No comments:

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...