Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Behind the Spells 20th Issue

This week's issue--Prestidigitation--marks the 20th release in the Behind the Spells series. I've had a great deal of fun writing these but was informed today that sales are, apparently, not going in the upward direction. Phil mentioned that there's going to be a time where they won't be worth my time anymore. Such a pity as I'd planned on doing all of the PHB spells that can be traced back to the 1st edition D&D. Here's the series timetable as it was mentioned today: release a few more, then take down the subscription, and lastly finish out the final 13. I'll have to start intentionally picking what to do ahead of time so I don't miss the really good spells unwritten so far like lightning bolt and dispel magic. If you haven't picked up a subscription yet, now's the time to do so!

The good news is that after the end of the pdf run, the series will be slapped together (with errata I'll forward) in a limited edition hardcover book. But there's still 15 weeks or so left to the series so I won't mourn it's passing yet. I'll have to think of something really suited to a finale for dear Maxolt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Creeping Doom...

You could even indicate that over time (editions) that the spell has changed in its function and use.

mhahahaha

I don't know why Creeping Doom was revised to something completely different in 3.5, would it have been to difficult to say. Creeping Doom ignores Damage Reduction.

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...