Sunday, December 17, 2006

Watch Out...I'm Back!

Back home, that is. Perhaps even more exciting is the fact that the Behind the Spells compilation has been finished and handed in. As I thought, the final product does indeed weigh in at a little over 90,000 words. That's a lot of magical goodness! I'll keep you apprised as the book nears release.

"What's next?" you ask. Well, the only thing really pending is that fiction piece I was doing for Reality Deviants. I feel really bad about not getting that finished yet but it's not like I'm under contract or anything. Besides that, Phil and I were discussing a spin-off pdf series called Behind the Monsters (no, I am not kidding). Such a series would feature the origins, tactics, and what not of your favorite MM critters. Personally, I'm just not sure if I'm up for another series right now. There's also the discussion about tweaking the Behind the Spells series for use in OSRIC games. That might be easy enough to do in a relatively short time. We'll see.

As for Christmas shopping, I only have Scot yet to buy for. As requested, he'll likely get some money (hmmm, I think I mentioned this a few posts ago). We had our drug store Christmas dinner party last night at a nice restaurant called Oak Hill. I can tell you that their pecan crusted chicken is very good. For the gift exchange there, my sister Katy had my name and got me the first three seasons of the Gummi Bears! Yet another good cartoon you just don't see around anymore. Ah, soon my childhood shows will be mine again! After that, Katy, Linda, and I hopped out to Lehigh Valley for another round of shopping. All in all, it's been a very good week.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Well, consider me the first fan who would love to see a "Behind the Monsters" series. (And if you're not up for writing a full series ... how about writing half of it, with a nameless co-writer taking on the other half?)

It's a strange feeling being in between contracted projects. That's pretty much where I am right now. I'm currently trying to figure out what I want to pitch to certain companies, and what I feel like doing with (God forbid) my free time.

Bret said...

"Nameless" co-writer indeed. ;) I'll let you know. It is odd to not have anything that needs my immediate attention. It's nice too. If you need to bounce any ideas off me, you know where to find me. Good luck with your pitches!

Mike said...

It is odd to not have anything that needs my immediate attention. It's nice too.

Trust me, I know the feeling. I thought I'd really hate it ... turns out, I don't. So far.

I actually have one or two pitches that could use your expertise - I'll shoot them over to you later this week (or next, if Christmas stuff interferes with the pitch writing).

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...