Sunday, December 31, 2006

Rockin' Spycraft New Years Eve

For the 2nd (I think this is the second time) year in a row, we're playing Spycraft to ring in the new year*. While the Cuthberts were vacationing in the Caribbean (sp?), they must have been quite inspired for Chuck is running this game in that tropical locale. As I've said before, modern games aren't really my thing but Chuck does run some good Spycraft (an ability I'm certain his military background aids greatly). Last year we played through the midnight hour and toasted with champagne but this year we're gaming from 1 to 9pm since folks have to cut out early. Scot, for example, must be certain to have wife Zlatka home to Philly so she can work the next morning. How many folks shop at Lord & Taylor on New Year's Day I cannot fathom.

*If you investigate last year's post on this matter, you'll find that I think the new year's is a sham of a "holiday." We're celebrating the calendar! Whoopee! While we're at it, let's celebrate the changing of the months and have New Month's Day off. Now there's a holiday I can get behind. Despite my hostility to the tradition, enjoy yourselves this weekend. I think we've all earned it.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Happy New Year! Here's to more of your cool published gaming projects in 2007.

Bret said...

Happy New Year to you, Steve! Here's hoping I continue to produce more cool stuff in '07.

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...