Saturday, February 03, 2007

Flashback: 1983


I was 8 years old (and not quite playing D&D yet) but I have fond memories of the D&D Cartoon. Today, those memories are refreshed with the purchase of the cartoon's shiny new dvd box set. At Best Buy, the set even comes with a unique mini of a silver dragon, which is what sealed the purchase there as opposed to a cheaper online buy. The set comes loaded with extras including a radio drama-style presentation of the unaired finale entitled "Requiem" written by long-time toon scribe Michael Reaves. Although I've been viewing the series off and on since buying a bootleg set from Ebay, I've long salivated to have a nice official version in my collection. Welcome home.

A small addendum to the post--Chris Gath gives us the next in his ongoing Behind the Spells reviews with Shatter: http://www.enworld.org/reviews.php?do=review&reviewid=3321354

No comments:

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...