Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Shocking Grasp

Hot on the heels of BtS: Light is the next issue Shocking Grasp! Grab your copy here: http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=6931

Work was slow today but it went without much trouble. I should be working on my additions for Inner Circles' Where Madness Dwells II but I'll be watching Lost and Invasion instead. :) The IC chief did say I could take my time, after all. I'm not sure which BtS will be next; probably polymorph or summon monster. Both are just bursting with spell secret and variant possibilities. Backstories, however, are always another matter.

I'm still plugging away on Vision of the Future by Timothy Zahn. The farther I get, the more I don't want to stop. It's a big book--over 600 pages. Even though the villain, Thrawn, from his original trilogy (which rounds out the original 9 episodes envisioned by Lucas) is dead, his presence and name still linger on. He's such a cool villain that I don't doubt I'll be revisiting the Heir to the Empire books (or whatever the heck the trilogy's name is).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a new Timothy Zahn Star Wars book called Outbound Flight that I believe has Thrawn in it. Its set sometime after Revenge of the Sith.

Bret said...

Yup. Saw that a few weeks ago and picked it up. It revitalized my interest in Zahn's Star Wars work and made me dive into The Hand of Thrawn duology which I'll be finishing up this weekend. Can't decide if I'll read Outbound Flight next or take a Star Wars break and get back to fantasy (Baker's second book in his Eberron trilogy).

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...