Thursday, August 17, 2006

Reflexology

Don't think I mentioned this before so now's a good time as I'm at a loss for other blog material (almost). I had a reflexology session tonight (as I do every 4 weeks). The woman's name is Carol and she is just the nicest person you could ever hope to meet. I always feel refreshed and at peace when I leave. Reflexology, IIRC, is a method by which the body's energy paths are flushed and/or aligned by certain pressure applications to the bottom of the feet. And after the pressure session comes one heck of a great foot massage. Carol performs a whole retinue of similar holistic "procedures" form reikki (sp?) to a simple full body massage. My session costs a mere $50 for 2 hours of bliss.

Here's some store comicness I keep forgetting to post about. Our town had a sidewalk sale (as it does every Aug) and it usually brings into the store the usual bunch of yokels who oggle the fountain (broken for a couple years now) and just generally look around our old time establishment. Sometimes though, much like during King Frost Parade in Oct, we get some real nut-jobs. The strangest encounter for sidewalk sale last weekend came by phone. An old man at the other end asked, "Do you have any shuttlecocks?" Being a badminton pro in college (OK, I only took it as a phys ed), I knew what a shuttlecock was and that we most certainly did not carry them in our pharmacy. The man, undaunted, replied, "Oh, I need it to keep my arm mobilized." (or words to that effect). "Ah, you're talking about an arm splint," I clarified. "Yeah," he said, "they're called shutlecocks."

Whatever you say, buddy. After that, I informed Loralee that it had to be time soon to go home.

No comments:

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...