Thursday, August 03, 2006

A Bit Of News

According to Monte Cook's site (one of the 3rd edition designers for those of you who don't follow such things), he's stepping away from RPGs, leaving the great work Ptolus as his magnum opus. I'm so glad I decided to get a copy. :)

A couple entries ago, I mentioned Christian Walker's Iridia zine. For the most recent installment (7/31), he's reviewed BtS: Dancing Lights. You can listen to the review for yourself here (just click that little "POD" symbol): http://www.iridiazine.net/issues.htm

I'm hoping to finish up BtS: Cure Wounds tomorrow before the new Stargates come on. The backstory I came up with is pretty damned good this time if I do say so myself. This issue was stumping me until I looked up cure light wounds in the 1e and 2e PHBs. Did you know that these healing spells were originally of the necromancy school before becoming conjuration in 3e? Believe it or not, this discovery spurred the backstory. Strange what can inspire you. Hope everyone's beating the heat if you're anywhere near me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention the "4E is coming, we're all going to die!!!!" news.

Bret said...

I didn't mention it because god only knows what's fact and what isn't.

Axel, grab some popcorn and start here: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=170474

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...