Thursday, May 21, 2009

Free At Last!

I called in this morning (as I must every morning) to "log on" and was told that my first pharmacy stop was stop 5. Nothing unusual there and, I thought, means I'm not through with the pharms yet. However, when I arrived at the warehouse Marsha got this shocked look on her face and said, "Charlie's here! I'm such an idiot!"

Yes, my dear. Yes you are.

So it looks like the end of the "forever" run was this morning and, as expected, I didn't learn about it until I got down there. Typical but I wasn't overly upset. How could I be when it means I now get to sleep until at least 8am!

Alright, so why does all this make me so happy? It has to do with writing. No, I'm not kidding. When I was getting up at 630am, I would get to bed around 1130pm. Since I get home from the job around 630pm, that left 5 hrs to get something to eat and unwind from the work routine. I also like to get a walk into the schedule and then watch something on tv (if applicable). What this didn't leave a lot of time for was writing. Now, I don't have to worry about getting to bed until 1am or so and it feels like I have much more time to fit in my usual activities and bang out some words.

In short, its good to be back.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Having some consistent writing time is a wonderful thing indeed.

I try - at a minimum - to write for a half hour or so after getting up in the morning, during my lunch hour, and right after dinner.

It's not always a ton of time, or as much as I'd like, but at least I know I'll have some time to work on stuff.

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...