Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Posting and Star Trek

Apologies for the lack of posts but I've moved the bulk of my ramblings to the very convenient twitter.com. Search for my there under "TrickyOwlbear". I'll continue to post here at irregular intervals but there's just something appealing to keeping my thoughts limited to twitter's low character count. (Edit: Okay, one of my friends said he checks the blog daily so I'm guessing he's not the only one. I'll post more as of now)

I went with the Cuthberts to the new Star Trek flick on Sunday night. My thoughts? Loved it! Only a couple things made me go, "Hmm". First--why was Scotty put in charge of anything after being beamed aboard? He was manning an ice outspost and virtually unknown to anyone on board. "Oh, just stick him in the transporter room. Okay, he did well there so let's stick him in engineering now where he'll probably have to eject the core at some point." Second--why did Chekhov have to run to the transporter room to save Kirk and Sulu? Could he not have relayed what to so instead of wasting time running through the ship? And why was he the only one that had this knowledge? I smell Wesley Crusher syndrome for the sequel!

Nitpicks aside, the reboot was quite good and deserves however many sequels they want to throw after it. Great job by Leonard Nimoy too; out of retirement for this and JJ Abrams must like him so much that he's now the nemesis on FOX's Fringe.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Work blocks Twitter, so I suppose I'll be less able to keep up with what you're up to. Boo!

Do keep posting here!

Bret said...

Heya, Mike! Thanks and I'll try to keep this updated. I think you and my friend Ryan are the only ones who check on it with any regularity though. :)

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...