Friday, October 28, 2005

Fantasy Art Legend Keith Parkinson Dies

See here for more info: http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/

I had the good fortune to meet Keith at GenCon '03. I recall him being very nice as he signed and personalized a print for myself and my brother. Like many people, I encountered his magnificent artwork on the covers of Dragon magazine and on/within the pages of my favorite older edition D&D products. Like the rest of the "fab four" mentioned in the link (Parkinson, Caldwell, Elmore, and Easley), Keith's work was and will continue to be an inspiration to me and countless other gamers. This is the legacy we all crave--to be remembered fondly after departing this Earth. Keith has achieved this in spades. Rest in peace.

No comments:

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...