Sunday, October 02, 2005

Serenity

You know, I probably haven't been to the movies since Revenge of the Sith so I was pleased to get out today to see Firefly-turned-movie Serenity. I didn't go in expecting anything special but boy was I surprised. It was great! I'd go back in an instant to see this flick. You know a movie's good when every main character gets punched, stabbed, and/or shot. Story was good, acting was spot-on just like in the series, and the f/x were wonderful and not overbearing (are you listening to me Lucas?!). If you're a sci-fi fan (even if you haven't seen the tv show), go see this movie.

Um, no rpg news today. Just my spoiler-free review. Move along. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...I really want to see this movie. I'm going to try to watch all of the episodes on DVD this week and then maybe see the movie on the weekend.

I just read that Steven Brust (fairly famous fantasy author) is writing an unsolicited Firefly novel. He actually liked the show so much, he apparently decided to write a novel just for the hell of it.

I can only pray that this sees publication!

Bret said...

I know you enjoyed the series, so this movie won't disappoint, Brad. I don't want to spoiler anything but the death of someone nearly made me weep (my mom actually did!) That's another thing about Serenity. My parents were extremely anxious to see it after enjoying the series. I never thought my parents and I would enjoy a sci-fi adventure aside from Star Wars.

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...