Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Winging It

We had an excellent game on Sunday with the planar campaign; this despite the fact that I'd done very little prep work for it. No a couple hours before I finally realized the plot (which is usually handled days in advance). I wrote the initial exposition scenes and the first combat. The rest was pretty much made up using a variant on standard goblins and a map ripped from Green Ronin's very useful Dungeons of Doom supplement. It's been a while since I winged an adventure and it was quite refreshing. I think the players enjoyed themselves. I know I did.

Now I'm looking at the Castles & Crusades books--not a difficult task since they're only a core two of them at this point. I may have to run a trial game for my group and see what they think. More on the system can be found here: http://www.trolllord.com/candc.htm

No comments:

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...