Friday, January 20, 2006

Bless You

I thought as soon as it was mentioned Phil would have it up for sale. You can grab BtS: Bless here: http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=6304 This is the second divine spell in the series and the first divine-only spell to be featured. Bless is also one of the the shortest spell descriptions I've had to work with. At first I though this an advantage. Heh. With less description, there's also less to fiddle with when it comes to the "spell secrets" portion of the pdf. It all worked out in the end but it took some thought to come up with the second secret. I can only hope that I don't start repeating the same ideas as the series enters into the higher double digits in terms of releases.

While we're on the subject of divine, I'll mention my church news. I'm a Lutheran and have gone to church, more or less regularly, since I can remember. That comes to an end two Sundays from now. You see, my choir director and his wife (also the accompanist) are leaving our church under less than ideal circumstances. I don't know the whole story and, frankly, it doesn't matter. I've not felt any spiritualness in the church for some time and was looking for an excuse to leave. My parents and I have been singing in the choir for many years and, with the director's family leaving, this is a good a time as any. I'm remaining with the church's bell choir because they can't afford to lose anyone and,more importantly, because we only ring at a service on holidays.

Does this mean I'm leaving my spiritual side go the way of the do-do? Far from it. I try to hike at least once a week in the mountains and, as I've told to a few others this week, I feel more spiritual there than at church. The divine truly can be seen and felt in nature. You don't have to go to a building or be part of a group to worship or acknowledge God (or whatever force you believe in). So it is I embark on a new journey of sorts away from established religion come month's end. I can't be happier and, in the end, that's all that matters.

No comments:

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...