Tuesday, August 09, 2005

New d20 pdf

After two weeks of tinkering, my newest work for Phil Reed's Ronin Arts company is on the market. Mallyate (see "Most Recent Work" over there on the right) presents a new special material for use in a high magic d20 campaign. This hunk of Astral plane stuff shapes itself to its wielder's desire to take the form of any weapon, armor, or shield he is familiar with. I hope people enjoy it!

Behind the Scenes: The idea for Mallyate came about from a one-shot 2nd edition game. The PCs were sent to meet a Zhentarim (Forgotten Realms world baddies) that defected from that organization. Before defecting, this Zhent stole an unusual item that could shape itself into any weapon the possessor could think of. Naturally, the Zhents were in hot pursuit. I remember the PCs successfully rescued the defector and took "the Shaper" for their own use. For whatever reason, I thought this might make a great new special material for d20. Maybe I'll have to sift through some other old campaign notes for ideas.

Working for Ronin Arts: I enjoy working for Phil Reed for a number of reasons. First, he's pretty accessible. Communication is important (at least to me) in this business. Second, Phil is open to my wacky new ideas for pdfs. Mallyate and Substandard Magic Items speak to this. And third, the turnaround for completed projects has been very quick. Thanks, Phil! Here's to many more pdfs together.

2 comments:

Daniel M. Perez said...

I'm jealous. ;-)

Bret said...

Welcome back, Daniel. Don't worry, you'll get your own praise once our adventure is released. :)

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...