Wednesday, August 10, 2005

New music

While out on my day off yesterday, besides dropping $140+ for gaming stuff I also picked up a couple new cds from Best Buy. The first is Native American flute player R. Carlos Nakai's Inner Voices, which I believe was grammy nominated a few years back. The last album I bought was not quite up to snuff but I wanted to give Nakai one last try. This album is accompanied by "lush harmonies of strings in new arrangements of classic Nakai melodies."

"Alright," I thought, "if this isn't good, then I suppose nothing will be."

It was good! Very mellowing and just some great emotions in here. The second cd I'll mention is from Vangelis (you know, "Chariots of Fire" guy) and is called Odyssey: The Definitive Collection. Must have been in a risk taking mood because I own no Vangelis in my already large collection. It was also good! Met and exceeded my expectations. I don't think there's a track on it I don't care for.

In other news, a publisher contacted me for work today. That's always a nice feeling when a potential boss makes a conscious decision to email you. We'll see what happens with that.

No comments:

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...