Monday, November 07, 2005

New pdf series

As if I didn't have enough to do, my idea for a new pdf series for Ronin Arts was approved yesterday. I'm not complaining, mind you. These pdfs will be short and be a great way to vent any pent up creativity that cannot be channeled into a current longer project. The series is called Behind the Spells and each pdf will take one of the quintessential spells from the PHB and examine possible uses aside from the one normally associated with it. I think the series has real potential because it isn't introducing yet more spells into the already huge repository out there in the d20-verse. Each pdf features the creator of the spell, alternative uses utilizing only the spell's definition, and possible variations of the spell. Players get new ways to use favorite spells and DMs get some plot hooks and new ways to use these spells against the PCs. Everybody wins. Look for the first Behind the Spells: Magic Missile soon.

3 comments:

Daniel M. Perez said...

This sounds very cool, Bret! Congrats on the new series, and here's looking forward to its success (then you can write more stuff for Phil, for me, and everyone else around!). :-)

Bret said...

Thanks, Daniel! And here's wishing you continued good luck for the novel writing this month. (I'm assuming you're still doing this despite your recent paris trip announcement).

Daniel M. Perez said...

Yes, though I am behind my word count (by 6000 words) and increasingly distracted by thoughts of the Eiffel Tower.

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...I'm still around! Feeling a little nostalgic for the old blogging life tonight so decided to stop in and post an update. Oh, life, yo...